- Healthcare Services. All of the Telehealth Treating Providers who deliver Services through RescueRxMD.com are independent professionals solely responsible for the services each provides to you. RescueRxMD.com does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither ResQuRX.com nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Service shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a Telehealth Treating Provider via the Services.
- Site Content. None of the Site content (other than information you receive from Treating Providers) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
- Informed Consent.
A. Telehealth is the delivery of health care services using interactive audio and video technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location. During your telehealth consultation with a Telehealth Treating Provider, details of your health history and personal health information may be discussed with you through the use of interactive video, audio and other telecommunications technology, and your Telehealth Treating Provider may perform a physical examination through these technologies.
B. The telehealth Services you receive from Telehealth Treating Provider are not intended to replace a primary care physician relationship or be your permanent medical home. You may form an ongoing treatment relationship with some Telehealth Treating Providers. However, your initial visit with a Telehealth Treating Provider will begin as a consultation (e.g. to determine the most appropriate treatment setting for you to receive care) and will not necessarily give rise to an ongoing treatment relationship. You should seek emergency help or follow-up care when recommended by a Treating Provider or when otherwise needed, and continue to consult with your primary care physician and other healthcare professionals as recommended. We may make arrangements for follow up care either through RescueRxMD.com or other healthcare providers. You will have direct access to customer support services to follow up on medication reactions, side effects or other adverse events. Among the benefits of our Services are improved access to healthcare professionals and convenience. However, as with any health service, there are potential risks associated with the use of telehealth. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate health care decision making by the Treating Provider;
- Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment. If this happens, you may be contacted by phone or other means of communication.
- In rare cases, a lack of access to all of your health records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
- Although the electronic systems we use will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information
- You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth in your care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- You understand that the laws that protect the privacy and security of health information apply to telehealth, and have received RescueRxMD.com’s Notice of Privacy Practices, which describes these protections in more detail. Electronic communications are directed to your Telehealth Treating Provider(s) and their supervisees through a secure, encrypted video interface and electronic health record.
- RescueRxMD.com does not initiate billing for the fees involved with its services. It is the sole responsibility of the Member to pay the expected fees during the telehealth care session with the treating provider. You will be provided with the receipt of all the fees paid which in term you can submit at any time to your insurance for reimbursement if they are allowing such an reimbursement. RescueRxMD.com does not determine any insurance policy between the Member and the insurance provider.
- Your Telehealth Treating Provider may determine that the Services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may elect not to provide telehealth services to you through the Site.
D. You can send messages to your Telehealth Treating Providers by contacting RescueRxMD.com Customer Support at 1-800-000-0000. Emails or electronic messages to Customer Support or your Treating Provider may not be returned immediately. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
E. You may also be able to send written notes to therapists or other Telehealth Treating Providers or to Customer Support using a secure messaging portal within the Site (the “Messaging Portal”). If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. You understand and agree that messaging with Telehealth Treating Providers over the Messaging Portal does not give rise to a provider-patient relationship, and does not by itself constitute treatment, diagnosis, therapy, or medical advice.
- User Accounts. When you register on the Site, you are required to create an account (“Account”) by entering your name, email address, password and certain other information collected by RescueRxMD.com (collectively “Account Information”). To create an Account, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the Site will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You may not transfer or share your Account password with anyone, or create more than one Account (with the exception of subaccounts established for children of whom you are the parent or legal guardian). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for all activities that occur under your Account. RescueRxMD.com reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Site and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall RescueRxMD.com be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of the Site, your use of the Account Information or your release of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
- Use of the Services by Children. The Services are not available for use by children under the age of eighteen (18). You must be above the age of eighteen (18) to use the service or be a parent or legal guardian of children younger than eighteen (18).
- Website Links. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR LINKS FOUND AT ANY OTHER WEBSITE, INTERNET LOCATION, OR SOURCE OF INFORMATION, NOR FOR YOUR USE OF SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR LINKS, NOR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH WEBSITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS.
- Trademarks. Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of RescueRxMD.com or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of RescueRxMD.com. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
- Termination. You may deactivate your Account and end your registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to . RescueRxMD.com may suspend or terminate your use of the Site, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, RescueRxMD.com reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, RescueRxMD.com will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are obligated to provide you access to your health records or Telehealth Treating Providers are required to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BOTH THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. RESQUERX.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION.You acknowledge and agree that RescueRxMD.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is strictly a technology platform and infrastructure for connecting users with independent third party Telehealth Treating Providers, including physicians and other Telehealth Treating Providers in the RescueRxMD.com network. You acknowledges and agree that the Telehealth Treating Providers using the Site are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the supervision of Telehealth Treating Providers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL RESQUERX.COM OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless RescueRxMD.com, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless your Telehealth Treating Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Treating Provider.
- Geographical Restrictions. RescueRxMD.com makes no representation that all products, services and/or material described on the Site, or the Services available through the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States or all territories within the United States.
- Disclosures. All physicians and psychologists on the Site hold professional licenses issued by the professional licensing boards in the states where they practice, hold doctoral degrees in either medicine and have undergone post-doctoral training. You can report a complaint relating to services provided by a Telehealth Treating Provider by contacting the professional licensing board in the state where the services were received. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to the board that licenses, registers, or certifies the licensee. You can find the contact information for each of the state professional licensing boards governing medicine on the Federation of State Medical Boards website at http://www.fsmb.org/state-medical-boards/contacts. Any clinical records created as a result of your use of the Site will be securely maintained by RescueRxMD.com on behalf of your Telehealth Treating Provider(s) for a period that is no less than the minimum number of years such records are required to be maintained under state and federal law, and which is typically at least six years.